Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rainbow Fruit Salad

Ingredients:
1 large mango, peeled and diced
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 bananas, sliced
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
2 cups seedless grapes
2 nectarines, unpeeled and sliced
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced

Honey-orange sauce
1/3 cup unsweetened orange juice
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp honey
¼ tsp ground ginger
a dash of nutmeg

Method:
1. Prepare and combine the fruit.
2. Combine all ingredients for the sauce and mix them together.
3. Just before serving, pour the sauce over the fruit.

I got this recipe from a health magazine which was circulated in our neighborhood. I think we can substitute or add in fruits by what is in season. I did not use blueberries and mango but added peaches and papaya. I must say that the salad was a treat not only to the eyes but to tummy too.


3 comments:

gay3 said...

Looks colorful and Iam sure it will taste great. Perfect for summer. Will defnetly try..

gayathri

Ranven said...

You are absolutely right!do try and let me know. Thanks for visiting my blog.

AarNav said...

So colurful as gay3 said...my hubby is totally a fruit lover and i think i shd try this!!
Thank u for posting and will try and let u know:)